Belgian Waffles With Cinnamon, Vanilla And Maple Syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon or more if you love cinnamon like I do
- 1-2 tbsp Belgian pearl sugar optional
- Preheat your Belgian waffle iron.
- Whisk the melted butter, buttermilk, egg yolks and vanilla together.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar and stir into the mixture.
- Whisk or whip the egg whites until its porous and stiff.
- Fold into the batter.
- Add the optional Belgian pearl sugar.
- Pour the batter onto the Belgian waffle iron and cook until the waffles have a crispy golden brown color.
- Serve with maple syrup. Trust me! You can also add berries and whip cream!