Sweet Chilli Pork Jerky Recipe
This Jerky recipe is perfect for when you want something chewing, spicy and sweet to sink your fangs into. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a jerky dehydrator then you can use the oven. Then once you love doing jerky for you and your family, buy a dehydrator to get a better result.
Sweet Chilli Pork Jerky
- 500 g Pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp Chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp Curing salt optional
- Trim the fat on the meat and place it in the fridge for 1-2h to make it easier to cut into strips.
- Slice the meat into strips AGAINST the grain, thinner strips will take less time to dehydrate and thicker strips will be chewier. 1/8th to 1/4 inches thick strips are good.
- Mix all the ingredients in the marinade and put it in a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Add the meat and let it marinate in the refrigerator for least 8h and preferably 24h for best flavor.
- Remove the meat from the fridge.
- Dry the meat strips for 2-6 hours at 140-170F (60-75C) depending on the thickness of your slices. You can either use a dehydrator or lay your meat strips on a metal grid in the oven. (Place aluminum foil or a tray under the meat to catch the drips)
- The general rule is that your jerky is ready when it bends and cracks. Enjoy!