Easy Chicken Bog Recipe
Chicken Bog Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs
- 14 oz smoked sausage cut into circles
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 stalk fennel cut in half and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp paprika powder smoked or not smoked
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp italian seasoning optional
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups white rice
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat and cook the chicken thighs until they're brown.(They don't need to be fully cooked) Transfer them to a plate to make room in your pot.
- Add more butter if needed, then add carrot, onion, sausage and fennel and cook until they have a nice color.
- Add the garlic and cook for about half a minute before adding the chicken broth, chicken thighs, paprika, salt, white pepper, garlic powder, bay leaves and italian seasoning.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and bring your delicious pot to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and allow it to simmer for 20 min.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to a plate along with the bay leaves. Then add the rice and cover the pot for 20 min or the rice is done.
- Shred the chicken and add it back to the pot and stir combine all ingredients.
- Remove it from the stove and allow it to sit a few minutes before serving.