Quick Pickled Red Onion Recipe
Quick Pickled Red Onions Recipe
Basic Red Pickled Onion
- 2 red onions sliced
- 0.6-0.8 cups hot water or apple cider vinegar
- 0.2 cups sugar or maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp vinegar 12%
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp chili
- Slice the red onion very thinly and put it in a jar. (Add the optional addons as well)
- Bring water, vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil in a pot until everything dissolves..
- Add the boiling water to the jar.
- Let it chill for 24h. Stir or shake every now and then.