Lemonade is one of the best, most refreshing drinks one can heave most especially on a hot summer day. Lemonade with agave is the kinder version of this delicious and refreshing drink.
But first, what is agave?
Agave nectar comes from the same plant as tequila is made from. Agave has been very popular among vegans and health buffs because of the amount of nutrients it contains. Agave nectar’s glycemic index is lower than table sugar but it still does contain higher amounts of calories. It’s good to remember to use less agave than the required sugar content needed in a recipe to achieve the same flavor and achieve a healthier sugar content option.
The difference between using honey vs. agave in lemonade
The flavor of honey differs from where it was harvested but it usually tastes and smells like flowers and herbs. Honey has a distinct taste that you can notice from eating or drinking certain food and drinks.
Agave is the closest sugar substitute to honey but it is milder in aroma and taste. It is also thinner compared to honey.
The difference between honey and agave in lemonade would be the strength in taste. Honey in lemonade would definitely stand out more than agave in lemonade.
- Lemon Juice. Freshly squeeze the juice from the lemon. Don’t use the store-bought lemon juice.
- Agave Syrup. Use any brand of agave nectar. No fuss here.
- Water. Best to use bottled water or mineral water for this.
- Ice. There’s nothing like a refreshing cold glass of lemonade. Drop some ice cubes in this drink for maximum experience.
How to make agave lemonade drink
It’s very easy to make agave lemonade.
In a pitcher, stir the agave, water and lemon juice together.
You may add some mint if you wish but take note that it could alter the flavor.
Finally, add some ice cubes into the pitcher to cook the drink.
Refreshing Agave Lemonade Drink
- 1½ cups Lemon Juice fresh
- ¾ cup Agave
- Mint Leaves optional
- Ice Cubes
- In a pitcher, stir the water, lemon juice and agave nectar together.
- Add the mint if you want then add the ice cubes to cool.